On Monday, 9 April 2018 at 18:15:33 UTC, kinke wrote:
On Monday, 9 April 2018 at 11:03:48 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
Here's my blog post about my project that allows directly #including C headers in D*

https://atilanevesoncode.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/include-c-headers-in-d-code/

Certainly interesting. Is there a good reason why you didn't look into Calypso though? It's restricted to LDC, okay, but its approach of fusioning C++ and D parts at the AST and LLVM-IR level seems far more promising to me - no need to translate the C(++) parts to D and let the underlying D compiler parse & analyze all that generated code again. And Calypso's C++ support is apparently mature enough to interface with Qt5 (!)...

Aren't there limitations on what Calypso can do? I thought I read that it can't be made to work with all C code, but maybe I'm wrong... Of course, only working with LDC is itself a big restriction.