On 06/14/2018 02:34 AM, errExit wrote:

The D Foundation now subjects all users having an ip originating from a tor exit node, to having their posts moderated (but by whom, when, how, criteria ?? etc).

Literally millions of people could, and probably would, be using that exit node.

So that is plain discrimination. It's not spammer management.

Forcing people to identify themselves, is also not about spammer management either.

The D Foundation IS now discimantory against those that want that believe that freedom and privacy is some to be protected.

This becomes problematic for those of us who work in 'certain organisations', that insist on tracking it's employees online activities (even outside of the workplace).

It's a shame the D Foundation has finally succumed to the big brother mentality - under the guise of protecting you from spam.

https://blog.torproject.org/dont-let-facebook-or-any-tracker-follow-you-web

I'm with you on a lot of that, however, this part troubles me:

"This becomes problematic for those of us who work in 'certain organisations', that insist on tracking it's employees online activities (even outside of the workplace)."

If I worked in such an organization that tracked its employees activities *outside the workplace*, I'd LEAVE it ASAP, and I'd strongly suggest anyone else do the same. I mean what insane workplace is that, the 1920's mob? Apple?

Honestly, if you believe strongly enough in Tor to use it, why in the world would you willfully aid and abed an organization that does that sort of thing? It doesn't make any sense at all. It's EXTREMELY self-contradictory and completely erodes your entire stance. If you're going to preach for personal freedom and privacy, at least have the basic integrity to LIVE the basic ideals you're preaching even when doing so ISN'T so trivial as installing a mere web browser.
  • Encouraging prelimin... Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Encouraging... Antonio Corbi via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Encouraging... drug via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Encouraging... ToRuSer via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Encoura... Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Encoura... Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Enc... errExit via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Cym13 via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... errExit via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... AnotherTorUser via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... errExit via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Arafel via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... YetAnotherTorUser via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce