On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 14:34:28 Uknown via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> Looks very promising. One question though, why not use
> std.datetime.stopwatch.benchmark? I think it has some protection
> against optimizing compilers (I may be wrong though). Also, LDC
> has attributes to control optimizations on a per function
> basis.see : https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes

Unfortunately, std.datetime.stopwatch.benchmark does not yet have such
protections. It has been discussed, but there were issues with it that still
need to be sorted out.

In any case, what he has implemented is pretty much what's in Phobos except
for the fact that he set up his to take arguments, whereas Phobos' solution
just takes the function(s) to call, so anything that it does has to be
self-contained.

- Jonathan M Davis