On 9/9/18 2:34 AM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
[snip]

I personally think you are overreacting.

Have you voted before? If so, just go to the place you did before. It's all I ever do. If you haven't, and go to the wrong place, I'm sure they will help you find the right place. In my state (MA), it's usually a school.

We have signs up in our town weeks before the election reminding of the upcoming vote, and where it is. I seriously doubt that the ONLY way people can figure out their polling place is via the Internet. Especially if said Internet site is implemented by the government, which invariably will have stupid problems. And if there is some grand conspiracy to prevent people from voting by not letting them know their polling place, it's a pretty poorly designed scheme. Just ask your neighbor where to vote, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I recently tried to pay a traffic ticket online (first I've had in like 15 years), and there was a requirement to put in a code that the officer wrote down. The field was a drop-down and DIDN'T contain the code that the officer wrote. I called them, and they confirmed the code the officer wrote was correct. I tried editing the web page to include the code and submit, and it still failed.

I ended up having to mail it in.

-Steve