On Sunday, 14 October 2018 at 06:03:10 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
Awesome work! I remember that, at some point the https://glimmerjs.com/ authors wanted to write their vm in rust for better performance. It looks like D is a new option for such projects.

Bogdan

Thanks, a lot of credits go to LDC for supporting the webassembly backend of LLVM.

I thought about doing a VM as well, specifically because I was afraid of the performance penalty of switching a lot between js and wasm. The idea was to emit all dom operations into one bytebuffer (possibly at compile-time) and then instruct js to execute that.

It turns out jumping between wasm and js isn't really a big deal (at least not anymore), so I ditched that idea to keep things simple.

Plus, there is a good chance that in the near future wasm will be able to call the browsers' api directly.