On Monday, 5 November 2018 at 01:39:46 UTC, unprotected-entity wrote:
On Saturday, 3 November 2018 at 21:35:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 11/2/2018 5:44 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
When one encounters a new idea that's unfamiliar sometimes it's easy to think that because it's unfamiliar it must be unsound. That can be a mistake.  It might be better to suspend judgement for a while and keep an open mind.

So true. My ideas on how to write code have changed dramatically over the years, and continue to change.

I hear the advantages of the way D does it.

But nobody wants to hear about the disadvantages.

We heard you, we just disagree it's a disadvantage.

What harm can come, from an optional tool, that enables enforceable encapsulation of a type, within a module (from code also in the module, but outside that type)?

Can someone please answer that?

The harm is complexity.

But hey, if you want to write such a tool go right ahead.

And yet again, I remind people that this is not a request for change. This is a discussion about what benefit such a tool can bring.

In my opinion, no benefit at all.