On Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 04:16:44 UTC, Manu wrote:
...what!? DMD takes me... (compiling) ... 1 minute 40 seconds to build! And because DMD does all-files-at-once compilation, rather than separate compilation for each source file, whenever you change just one line in one file, you incur that entire build time, every time, because it can't just rebuild the one source file that changed. You also can't do multi-processor builds with all-in-one build strategies.

4 seconds? That's just untrue. D is actually kinda slow these days... In my experience it's slower than modern C++ compilers by quite a lot.

It was definitely about 4 seconds not too long ago, a few years at most.

It does seem to take more time now; I wonder why.