On Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 03:04:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:54:54 PM MST Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d- announce wrote:
I'm happy to announce that Walter and Andrei have rendered their verdict on DIP 1014. They were in agreement on two points: they don't like it, but they know we need it. Given that there are no other alternative proposals and that they could see no alternative themselves, they decided to accept this DIP without modification.

I think that that probably sums the situation up pretty nicely. The fact that we need something like this is just plain ugly, and if it starts getting used frequently, there's definitely a problem, but there are use cases, where it's going to be invaluable.

- Jonathan M Davis

This pull request is undoubtedly a major factor of Walter and Andrei approval of DIP 1014
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2310

Alex