On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 12:57:03 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 12:52:20 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 10:45:39 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
A few things that have annoyed me about writing D lately:

https://atilanevesoncode.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/what-d-got-wrong/

If @property worked for a thing to return a delegate, it would be useful.

But noooo, we got worked up over syntax and forgot about semantics :(

@property is useful for setters. Now, IMHO setters are a code stink anyway but sometimes they're the way to go. I have no idea what it's supposed to do for getters (nor am I interested in learning or retaining that information) and never slap the attribute on.

My view of getters is that they serve as a contract of between contractor and client stating "You can't modify this value, I however can".