On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 14:59:20 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 1/15/19 4:37 AM, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
[...]

I should have said that your point is mostly correct, just that this is a bad example :)

I've looked for ORM on code.dlang.org, and never found one yet that I liked. So the answer would take infinite seconds to complete.

But let's say we put ORM into Phobos. Certainly, it would get heavy use, but I would be likely to believe that it would not cover the problem space completely, and leave quite a bit to be desired.

I think that there are some things that can go into the standard library and live there happily. There are other things that should be left to the community, even though they are essential, simply because locking into one implementation/API/idea is too restrictive.

-Steve

+1

I'm waiting, for example, for a revamp of IO, just to start...

--- Paolo