On 1/28/2019 10:10 PM, Manu wrote:
Furthermore, D has these match levels:

      1. exact
      2. const
      3. conversion
      4. no match

If there are two or more matches at the same level, the decision is made based
on partial ordering. How does adding the new ref/value overloading fit into
that?

I haven't described this well. I can try and improve this.
Where can I find these existing rules detailed comprehensively? I have
never seen them mentioned in the dlang language reference.

It's where it should be, under "Function Overloading":

https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#function-overloading

If you had have spotted it 4-5 months ago, I would have wasted a LOT
less time... and now you're asking me to sign up for another few
hundred days of do-over from square-1.

It's pretty clear that just writing the DIP myself will take me less time than point-by-point endlessly arguing about it. But it will take more calendar time, because all this stuff falls to me. It's why I get paid the big bucks.