On Friday, 26 April 2019 at 07:08:45 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
On Friday, 20 April 2018 at 17:55:12 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 20 April 2018 at 17:40, drug via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
20.04.2018 16:49, Iain Buclaw пишет:
[...]
it works, thank you. But not in all cases. For example when gdb stops on breakpoint it demangle, but if I do `bt` - backtrace isn't demangled.

Using a compiler that implements 2.077 or later (IIRC) probably won't, due to gdb being too old. They broke ABI by introducing back referencing, no release of gdb supports that yet.

This stays broken after 1 year. How do we fix this?

I recognize your name from IRC, where you posted a related question yesterday.
The person in charge for D in GDB had answered:

The problem is that the mangling scheme has changed (to produce shorter mangles). Demangling will be eventually supported when D will be in GCC for good (GCC 10) and then he would port the demangling from GCC to GDB.

So for now demangling of D in GDB only work if the binary is compiled with a very old version of the compiler, i.e prior to the new mangling method.
  • Re: GDB + ddemangle Arun Chandrasekaran via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: GDB + ddemangle Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce