On 23.07.19 10:20, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 July 2019 at 04:02:50 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 21.07.19 02:17, Walter Bright wrote:
On 7/20/2019 3:39 PM, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
Do you mean to keep track of ownership/borrowedness manually?

No, that's what the copyctor/opAssign/dtor semantics so.

This is not true.

I thought as much. Thanks for the confirmation. I am considering moving to pointers to benefit from the future semantics. It's just that I don't like pointers that much...

I think tying ownership/borrowing semantics to pointers instead of structs makes no sense; it's not necessary and it's not sufficient. Your use case illustrates why it is not sufficient.