On Monday, 16 December 2019 at 11:04:38 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
As you may have already noticed, the main registry server, code.dlang.org got unreachable yesterday. This was caused by an old VPS of mine getting terminated. The registry had already moved to a different server years ago, but, without me realizing it, the DNS entry still pointed to the old one, with a "temporary" HTTP proxy forwarding to the new server being set up.

By now the DNS entry has been corrected, an up-to-date TLS certificate is in place, and the registry is running stable. There are still reports of people not being able to access code.dlang.org, which is apparently caused by intermediate DNS servers still reporting the old IP address and should start working during the next few hours. A temporary workaround is to specify --registry=http://31.15.67.41/ on the dub command line.

Unfortunately both fallback servers have been down for a while now, so that this resulted in a total blackout. I plan to move the main registry to a powerful dedicated server in January, which will fix all memory resource related issues that sometimes show up, and could then keep the current VPS as a relatively reliable fallback server. Both together should guarantee virtually 100% uptime, although more fallback servers are of course highly desirable.

In addition to that, I plan to separate the repository polling process form the web and REST frontend, as the former appears to be the main cause for failures (a GC memory leak of some kind and a possibly codegen related crash when being compiled with DMD being the two known issues, which both need further investigation).

This is still down for me, regardless of using the IP or address. I don't think it's just me either: https://stats.uptimerobot.com/6mQX4Crw2L/783838659