On Monday, 24 February 2020 at 10:02:26 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
I mean, people spend a lot of time thinking, making suggestions, etc. and the end result is: we now have nothing. Which, IMO is the worst result for all.

Not at all. In this case, as the DIP author, Walter could have chosen to revise the DIP with a new implementation. He chose not to. He wasn't persuaded by the arguments in the thread.

Yeah, not to mention that in first place I think that he made a DIP for named args because the commuity was unable to formulate a good propostion, while he was himself not "pro-named args"... (maybe, I think i read this in the past)