On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 03:57:22 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 06:22:19PM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
I have made these points before, but I'll summarize them here for convenient referral.
[...]

Thank you. This makes your position clear, even if I don't entirely agree with it. On that note, though: this really should have been part of the DIP acceptance announcement, not added as an afterthought. Otherwise people will perceive (correctly or not) the DIP as being accepted without acknowledging any of the issues raised. This summary is exactly what would have defused a lot of the frustrations raised here. For the future may I recommend making it a point to include such a summary with the announcement of each DIP accepted/rejected.

This is a very good point, and I think that in the future Walter and I should attach an explanation of why a DIP got accepted or not for transparency and communication reasons.