On Friday, 29 May 2020 at 13:11:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/29/20 12:53 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
The subject says it all.

If you care about memory safety, I recommending adding `safe:` as the first line in all your project modules, and annotate individual functions otherwise as necessary. For modules with C declarations, do as you think best.

For everyone else, carry on as before.

Thank you.

Unrelated to this decision, I wanted to apologize for having lowered the quality of discourse in this forum.

By my lights you've already set a high standard. Certainly I have further to go in that regard than you do. Timon and others also continue to impress.

Thanks again to Walter for crossing any divide which the loyal opposition may have thrown up.