On Friday, 31 July 2020 at 13:46:43 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
I'm planning to publish several articles and tutorials about D templates over the next few months. As a means of setting the stage, I've published this tutorial on the basics.

The blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2020/07/31/the-abcs-of-templates-in-d/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/i17n5d/the_abcs_of_templates_in_d/

I've got a few more posts on the topic that I intend to write myself, one of which will incorporate Stefan Koch's dive into a template instantiation. But I'm also looking for guest posts demonstrating specific instantiations (heh) of templates in real-world D code.

If you've got a code base that uses templates in interesting ways, please get in touch! We do offer a bounty for guest posts, so you can help with a bit of PR and make a bit of cash at the same time.

Thanks for this excellent article. It is really needed. I can't wait for the rest part. I will also plead with you to let the articles cover the full capability of the D template while making it simple for a newbie to grab it