On Tuesday, 12 January 2021 at 20:04:00 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 January 2021 at 19:49:10 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
I'd rather put the import at the top of the file, or in a version(unittest) block than that. The problem with those approaches is that if you have an example unittest, then when a user tries to run it then they have to put the import in themselves.

Seems like the obvious solution is to put the import inside the unittest.

I'd say that example unit tests shouldn't have anything available except the current module. That a unittest is just a function is wrong in many ways. By default, it shouldn't have access to imports outside of it and it shouldn't have access to non-public (private, package) symbols.