On Friday, 17 September 2021 at 01:07:09 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 9/16/21 4:56 AM, Mike Parker wrote:

> This was Razvan Nitu's baby from conception to implementation

Thank you, Razvan! Great job and a great article.

Thank you, Ali!

What I missed in the article is whether we are going to reward all contributors or whether certain people like Walter are excused? :)

Foundation people like Walter and myself are not going to be rewarded, however, unaffiliated titans such as Iain, Vladimir and kinke have the opportunity of being rewarded. Of course, it is their decision if they do or don't want to participate in the race. Either way, the scoring system is going to track everyone's activity and then we can exclude foundation members and take into account potential prize yields.

Also, if a regression is best fixed by the person who caused it in the first place, regressions may become a good thing. ;)

If you are hinting at intentionally introduced regressions, I think that it is the burden of the reviewer to catch them at review time. If not, it really depends on who has time to fix it. I, personally, fixed tons of regressions and only a small part of those where introduced by me. I think that we can just assume good faith and acknowledge the fact that people make mistakes and it's fine to reward them if they fix them.

Cheers,
RazvanN

Ali