On Saturday, 30 October 2021 at 09:59:38 UTC, Johan wrote:
The readme mentions compilation with `-b release-nobounds`.
1. These are flags for DUB (?), can you add/replace it with the conversion to actual compiler flags?

I can do a manual compilation section.

Though, it is documentation online:
https://dub.pm/package-format-sdl.html#build-types

2. Did you test without removing bounds checks? If there is a noticable performance drop, I think it'd be very worthwhile to modify the code such that there is no penalty of boundschecks (at -O3); I think in theory only very few bounds checks are needed. Enabling good performance _with_ boundschecks on means that the user is not forced to build his whole project without boundschecks, or move to separate compilation.

I haven't tested it with bounds checking. I could do a round of benchmarks with different compilers and build types.

  • sha3-d dd via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: sha3-d WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: sha3-d dd via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: sha3-d Johan via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: sha3-d dd via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: sha3-d Luís Ferreira via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: sha3-d dd via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: sha3-d starcanopy via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: sha3-d bauss via Digitalmars-d-announce