(Sorry for the late answer)

On Wednesday, 28 December 2022 at 00:10:36 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
On 28/12/2022 12:13 AM, Dukc wrote:
This is a big service for us at Symmetry. Getting Unicode support up to date was needed, we would have had to switch libraries at some point or update it ourselves. But now, nothing to do except perhaps dealing with a bit of breakage. Thank you!

I had no idea that this was becoming an issue for you guys. It wasn't in any of the meeting notes and I haven't seen it brought up anywhere. So if there is anything more like this, please talk about it!

Yes, I should have done that.

I see it's not quite Unicode 15 though. `graphemeStride` does not take Emoji sequences and prepend characters into account. I'm going to contribute a bit now since it's holiday, and this is a good task for me. PR coming soon unless I run into issues!

Yeah, there will be tons of small stuff currently missed out due to such a big jump and of course ping me @rikkimax, when you have something to review.

Loads of other work available such as culling all the version specific information out of the docs :)

Other things coming to mind: Bidirectional grapheme iteration, Word break and line break algorithms, lazy normalisation. Indeed, lots of improvement potential.

  • Breaking news... Richard Andrew Cattermole (Rikki) via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Brea... Dom Disc via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Brea... Robert Schadek via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Brea... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Brea... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce