On Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 17:22:46 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
I am aware how complex unicode collation is[1] but I somehow find it very wrong to list Ömer at the end. :)

[...]
> Steven Schveighoffer
> Vladimir Panteleev
> Walter Bright
> Ömer Faruk IRMAK

Obviously because I am used to the Turkish alphabet but in any case because Ö is very much related to O, I find it universally better to list Ö right after O. (The same should be for all latin based characters.)

I see there is std.uni.icmp which uses

  dmd/std/internal/unicode_tables.d

but it doesn't help because the array fullCaseTable in there seems to be about equivalence (e.g. of ß and ss). I think we need a "mostly correct" collation for latin based characters.

You are more than welcome to raise a PR to fix the sort. :-)

https://github.com/dlang/tools/blob/master/contributors.d#L107-L113