I just want to make this point about -betterC.

As a switch it should just be switching other things off. As a result its just a marketing name of D without the language extensions that depend on druntime.

It isn't that way in practice, but it should be.

However I think there is a pathway forward here.

My number 2 priority for me this year is to see compiler hooks resolved. They should ALL look like this (more or less):

```d
void hook(T)(T thing) {
        version(Feature) {

        } else
                static assert(0, "feature not had, can't do Y");
}
```

Lowering should be the last step but only for functions that need to be codegen'd.

This allows significant simplification in the compiler, and allows for features to work at CT that won't go into the binary.

There is a lot to this strategy that I am not saying here as it isn't relevant to -betterC. There is some very real possibility here to making our lives better I think.
  • D Language Fo... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... newbie via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Ferhat Kurtulmuş via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... M.M. via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... M.M. via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Dom Disc via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • ... Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce