On Friday, 10 March 2023 at 20:53:23 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
Hello guys. I have been working for some time into binding Metal to D. This has been quite an interesting journey and today I've reached a point where it is usable. It is far from complete, but I included a lot of comments from Apple's documentation, and also have tested and got an entire Metal hello world working in D.

The API I worked on is really nice, I manually put the opIndex, opIndexAssign, wrapped Objective C Runtime Arrays to a strongly typed array in D. The main point into this binding is getting Metal to run on Hipreme Engine, so, I don't plan into supporting what I don't use. That said, I still welcome any contribution to make this a standard way to program using Apple's Metal.

I'll put an example folder the moment I get a dub fix for macOS.

![Metal MacOS D Hello World](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/10136262/224425800-e417414e-b6be-4e92-93b4-9087b1b281a2.png)

https://code.dlang.org/packages/d-metal-binding

Congrats!

But metal obj-c? do you mean DMD support only? so no Apple Silicon (intel only)?

I don't think Intel stuff on mac ecosystem will be a thing for too long, PPC era already vanished from history

There is the official C++ headers that you can use to make things easier

https://developer.apple.com/metal/cpp/