On Friday, 24 May 2024 at 17:45:31 UTC, Lewis wrote:
Hello! Not sure if it's of interest, but I've been developing a 3D game and engine in D for a few years, and finally have a demo up on Steam for anyone interested in poking around (Windows only unfortunately).

- All code (engine and game) written in D. Shaders in HLSL. External libraries used for some subsystems (eg. PhysX, FMOD)
- Custom 3D DX11 renderer using PBR + IBL
- Supports mirror rendering, with hundreds of simultaneous mirrors and recursive mirrors (passing seamlessly through mirrors is a core game mechanic) - Asset burning/cooking system for textures, geometry, materials, and shaders. All asset types support hotswapping. - Flexible code hotswapping, by putting 99% of the game and engine in a DLL - Scrappy in-game level editor that supports editing during gameplay

Since I'm building the game as a commercial project I haven't released source code, but plan to open source it after the game releases. Happy though of course to answer any questions, share code snippets, techniques, general experiences, etc.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2290770/The_Art_of_Reflection/

I'm impressed. Are you using DirectX "11 on 12" or standard DirectX11? Did you need to avoid the GC at all? I imagine the GC could ruin your framerate if you're not careful. Thanks for sharing and congrats on finishing (close enough) your game.