Summary: Incomplete extern (...) docs
Version: D1 & D2
--- Comment #0 from Leandro Lucarella <llu...@gmail.com> 2010-06-27 16:59:59
Documentation on the extern storage class is both very sparse and very scarce.
* Most documentation is only about extern (C) and is present in an article
about C compatibility or the ABI docs.
* I couldn't find any mention to extern (System) in all the specs.
* extern (C++) is only found in the article about interfacing with C++
* The only mention of extern (D) I found is in the ABI description.
* extern (Windows) is mostly mentioned only in the D for Win32 article.
I think it would be nice to have a central place where all extern (...)
declarations are explained (or at least listed with links to their usage). A
table like the available predefined versions for the version statement would be
Configure issuemail: http://d.puremagic.com/issues/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------