Summary: Update the D2 FAQs.
--- Comment #0 from kenn...@gmail.com 2011-07-03 13:30:41 PDT ---
(Forked from news://news.digitalmars.com:119/iuqed9$2rv$1...@digitalmars.com)
1. Most of the "D 2.0 FAQ" is missing (e.g. 'Where is my simple language?')
2. 'How do I write my own D compiler for CPU X?' - the alternative
backend has not been updated for 9 years. As a guide, it's better to
refer to some Wiki4D article or the LDC interface.
3. 'Where can I get an IDE for D?' - Just link to a Wiki4D article. It
is missing newer IDEs like Visual D.
4. 'What about templates?' - There's no need to keep this D 0.x item...
5. 'Why fall through on switch statements?' - Fall through is now disallowed.
6. 'Why doesn't D use reference counting for garbage collection?' - Add
7. 'Can't a sufficiently smart compiler figure out that a function is
pure automatically?' - But now we have purity inference
Configure issuemail: http://d.puremagic.com/issues/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------