On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 18:32:58 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

On 06.08.2017 05:34, FoxyBrown wrote:
Was having a strange debug issue until I checked the visualizer on the string and realized it was just a long string ;/

mago is showing long strings as "" making one think they are empty.

instead, the first n chars should be shown with an ellipse is

e.g.,

"This is a very long str"...

I noticed this recently, too, but didn't get around to fixing it. wstring and dstring are ok, but string is limited to 200 characters.

Should be fixed in the next release.

cool, no problem! Take a break if you need it. I've put you through the ringer! You've fixed quite a few of the issues I've had with Visual D over the last few months and it looks like it's starting to get to the state that it is becoming useful to me. Before it was almost no better than printf debugging, but now it looks like it's starting to compare to the C++ debugger.

If I can get visual D to compile I'll try and add some features in the future.