Unknown W. Brackets Wrote:

> Well, checking for internet connectivity is a tricky and
> operating-specific thing.
>
> Would you rather check for connectivity with a specific host?  I gather
> that would be more than appropriate for what you're wanting.

This should do just fine. Afterall it would do no good if I have connectivity
but cannot reach the intended host.

> Are you wanting to download over HTTP, or a different protocol?  If over
> HTTP, there are a ton of libraries that may be useful to you, and
> there's also building your own HTTP request (which is actually pretty
> trivial.)

I'm trying to download over both FTP and HTTP. Not sure if the same process is
applicable to both protocols but I'm assuming not.

> If you're using Tango, it has classes in it for these things.

Unfortunately I haven't played with Tango many years now and got away from D1
as soon D2 forked back in 2007.