On 03/05/2010 07:50 PM, bearophile wrote:
div0:
putting it in Foo simply puts it in a namespace.<

So my (wrong) idea of immutable applied to a struct was that every thing in
such namespace becomes immutable (I think this is a bit more intuitive).

What do you think of modifying D2 so in a situation like the one I've shown
even static arguments become const/immutable? Can this cause troubles to other
things?

Thank you to you and Lars T. Kyllingstad for the answers.

Bye,
bearophile

Immutability (somewhat) guarantees the value will never ever change. The static attribute could be changed by a non-immutable instance, and can therefore not be immutable. It could be const for the immutable instance, but I don't see the gains from it.

I do, however, see the gains from not being able to access the static members through an instance.