On 05.08.2010 19:35, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 13:10:44 -0400, simendsjo
<simen.end...@pandavre.com> wrote:
(...)

One helpful function to note is the capacity function:

http://digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/object.html#capacity

This gives you the capacity of the array, or the largest length it can
be set to without reallocating. If it's 0, that means any append will
reallocate. This can allow deterministic behavior when appending. Or you
can just dup the array if you want to ensure you don't mess up the
original copy.

Ah, that's really good to know! So I can see if it will reallocate using
bool willReallocate = array.capacity < (array.length + numberOfItemsToAppend)
?

Let me know if it's not accepted to crosspost like this.

I think there is no problem with that.

Good, then I'll keep on doing that then.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

-Steve