On 2020-05-02 18:18:44 +0000, Steven Schveighoffer said:

On 5/2/20 4:44 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:

How would that help, because the class instance is now unusable anyway. So I have it around like a zombie and others might think: "Hey you look normal, let's get in contact" and then you are doomed...

The difference is that if you use it, you get an error and a crash. If you clean up the memory, that memory could be reallocated to something else with a completely different type, and now you have memory corruption.

I didn't thought about the "memory is re-used" case here...

And how is the instance made unusable so that a crash happens (which I prefer too!)? Does .destroy zero the memory? Just curious how the crash situation is detected.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com