Am 06.02.2011 19:38, schrieb Jesse Phillips:
scottrick Wrote:

T[] rawRead(T)(T[] buffer);

I understand that T is generic type, but I am not sure of the
meaning of the (T) after the method name.

That T is defining the symbol to represent the generic type. It can have more
than one and D provides other things like aliases... Another way to write that
function (I may get something wrong here but give it a shot) is:

template(T) {
     T[] rawRead(T[] buffer);
}
I think you meant

template(T) rawRead{
    T[] rawRead(T[] buffer);
}

'template' defines a namespace which is normally accessed like

templ!(parameters).member;
templ!(parameters).memberfunc(parameters);

Because the template and it's member are called identically this member is accessed autoatically (the eponymous-trick). If it's a function you call it like that:

templfunc!(compiletimeparam)(param);

The compile time parameters can left out, if these can be derived from the normal parameters' type.

templfun(param);

Voilla! You have a completely transparent templated func.

Mafi