On 5/11/20 3:46 PM, ikod wrote:
On Monday, 11 May 2020 at 17:34:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2020-05-11 16:44, Russel Winder wrote:

Crickey, a third option. This wil increase my dithering! ;-)

Forth: Mecca [1] :)

[1] https://github.com/weka-io/mecca

And probably more. At least I also have my async library for network IO.

It would be nice to have well defined interface for async io. That will allow to choose and test different implementations.

Part of the problem is the different APIs that async libraries use. Some use callbacks, some use fibers, maybe some async/await forms.

std.io aims to provide a common interface for async and sync i/o, where you choose the driver at the beginning of your program. If written properly, it could be a nice way to test code with various drivers without having to change code. It would require a Fiber-based approach, however.

I have not added an async driver (yet), but it's in my somewhat immediate plans to do so, as I want to start using this more (along with iopipe). Contributions would be welcome.

https://github.com/MartinNowak/io

-Steve