On Sunday, 7 June 2020 at 10:06:14 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Sun, 2020-06-07 at 10:24 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
Hi,

Why on earth is Dub sending out this error message (Invalid variable: DUB)
on
GitLab but not on Travis-CI or locally?

OK, that was slightly rhetorical, more reasonably, why is dub sending out
this
message at all?

I am assuming that the error comes from the line:

preBuildCommands "$DUB run --compiler=$$DC unit-threaded -c gen_ut_main -- -f generated/ut_dub_main.d -d $DUB"

in the unittest configuration as suggested for using unit-threaded. The question is why does the symbol DUB not need to be defined locally or on Travis-CI, but only on GitLab?

|> printenv | grep -i dub

On Travis-CI and locally Dub find where it is, why does it not do this on GitLab? It is at /usr/bin/dub in all cases.

What is the docker image that you use ? If it is an older version maybe that the $DUB env variable is not yet supported by the dub version that's installed (it exists since 2.084.0 according to [1]).

In my .gitalab-ci.yml I use 'dlang2/ldc-ubuntu' [2] or 'dlang2/dmd-ubuntu' [3] which give always recent versions of D.

[1] https://dlang.org/changelog/2.084.0.html
[2] https://hub.docker.com/r/dlang2/ldc-ubuntu
[3] https://hub.docker.com/r/dlang2/dmd-ubuntu