On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 19:14:48 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 18:53:34 UTC, matheus wrote:

What I'd like to know from the experts is: What would be the advantage of using D to port such games?

Can you elaborate your question a little bit more. Why would you want to port existing game code to another language to begin with?

To see how the game could fit/run in D, like people are porting some of those games to Rust/Go and so on.

When you mention "advantage", advantage compared to what?

To the original language the game was written. For example taking DOOM (Written in C), in D what would be the features that someone would use to port this game, like using CTFE to generate SIN/COS table would be reasonable?

I'm just looking for a roughly idea of this matter.

Matheus.