On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 10:12:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Windows:
I don't know that much of this platform.

* std.net.curl and basically all other options already mentioned relies on OpenSSL, which is not provided by the platform

* SChannel. As far as I know, this the the platform provided implementation of TLS on Windows.

* Are there any high level APIs, like NSURLSession, on Windows that can be used to download files?

It is possible to statically link libcurl into your application. No need to use OpenSSL as libcurl can be built with SChannel.