On Tuesday, 14 July 2020 at 11:12:06 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
[...]

Steven Schveighoffer already answered while I was composing this, so discarding top half.

As far as I can tell the default arraySep of "" splitting the argument by whitespace is simply not the case.

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/master/std/getopt.d#L923

    // ...
    else static if (isArray!(typeof(*receiver)))
    {
        // array receiver
        import std.range : ElementEncodingType;
        alias E = ElementEncodingType!(typeof(*receiver));

        if (arraySep == "")
        {
            *receiver ~= to!E(val);
        }
        else
        {
foreach (elem; val.splitter(arraySep).map!(a => to!E(a))())
                *receiver ~= elem;

So you will probably want an arraySep of " " if you want --modelicalibs "a b".