On Saturday, 18 July 2020 at 16:00:09 UTC, Dukc wrote:
I have a project where I need to take and send UDP packets over the Internet. Only raw UDP - my application uses packets directly, with their starting `[0x5a, packet.length.to!ubyte]` included. And only communication with a single address, no need to communicate with multiple clients concurrently.

I understand that I could do it either with the Curl library bundled with Phobos, or use Vibe.D or Hunt instead. But it's the first time I'm dealing with low-level networking like this, and my knowledge about it is lacking. So seek opinions about what library I should use, and more importantly, why.

Other advice about projects like this is also welcome, should anyone wish to share it.

Someone once wrote about a UDP library, which was used to sync data to somewhere in APAC (Hongkong?) and by doing so the data transfer was magnitudes faster then before (over TCP)...

I couldn't find this info now, neither in the forum not something meaningful in code.dlang.org...

Maybe the author is still around or someone else has this post at hand and could share it?!

Beside this, there is:
- https://dlang.org/blog/2016/10/21/project-highlight-libasync/

Hope this helps...