On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 at 06:16:26 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Saturday, 27 June 2020 at 14:49:34 UTC, James Gray wrote:
I have produced something which essentially reproduces my problem.

What is the problem? Do you have a leak or you want to know how GC works?

I have managed to resolve my problem (which was a memory leak). My code uses a large data structure similar to a link list and the garbage collector was not collecting it. However, if I set all the "links" between the nodes in the data structure to null it is then collected.