On 7/20/20 6:04 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Monday, 20 July 2020 at 20:55:52 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I tried redirecting /dev/null to stdin when executing my application (and I assumed that would pass onto the process child), but it still asks. What am I doing wrong?

Generically, I think you want to detach the program from the current terminal (as well as doing the above). I think setsid can be used for this purpose.

Would be a good option possibly to put into std.process.

Specifically, checking git's source code, I see that setting the environment variable GIT_TERMINAL_PROMPT to 0 will disable password prompts.

Thanks to you and FreeSlave, that seems to work. I had already solved it by just quitting the terminal with it still running. But good to know for the future!

-Steve