On 9/29/20 3:57 AM, novice3 wrote:> Naive newbie question:

> Can we have (in theory) in D lang memory management like V lang?
>
> Quote:
> https://github.com/vlang/v/blob/master/doc/docs.md#memory-management
>
> "V doesn't use garbage collection or reference counting. The compiler
> cleans everything up during compilation. If your V program compiles,
> it's guaranteed that it's going to be leak free."

I am not a language expert but I can't imagine how the compiler knows whether an event will happen at runtime. Imagine a server program allocates memory for a client. Let's say, that memory will be deallocated when the client logs out or the server times that client out. The compiler cannot know either of that will ever happen, right?

Ali