On Monday, 5 October 2020 at 09:05:16 UTC, Alaindevos wrote:

A name dependency solution is at least vage.
How do I install ,
https://github.com/denizzzka/dpq2
on unix so in the code i write the .d files of that library and after compilation linked to the libary shared objects. For that shared object must be installed. How ?

You don't need to install dpq2 if you are using dub to build your project. Add it as a dependency to your dub.json (or dub.sdl if you prefer that format). When you build your project, dub will download the version you configured as your dependency and compile it along with your project.

In your project root directory (where your dub.json/sdl is located), you should be able to run `dub add dpq2` and dub will add the dependency to your configuration. Or you can add it manually.

For dub.json:

"dependencies": {
    "dpq2": "~>1.0.17"
}

For dub.sdl:

dependency "dpq2" version="~>1.0.17"

Make sure libpq is installed on your system and you should be good to go.

See:
https://code.dlang.org/packages/dpq2
https://dub.pm/package-format-json
https://dub.pm/package-format-sdl

If you aren't using dub to build your project, then you could potentially use `dub install dpq2` and it will install it in a cache folder which, IIRC, should be in ~/.dub. However, I would use `git clone` or `dub fetch` so that you can keep it in a specific folder. I have some instructions for using my old Derelict packages when you aren't using dub for your project. You can adapt that to dpq2:

http://derelictorg.github.io/building/without-dub/

Once you've pulled down dpq2, you'll need to build it, then when building your project you'll have to pass the dpq source path to the compiler (with the -Ipath) so it can find the imports, the path to the dpq library you built (with -L-Lpath), and the dpq library (-L-ldpq).