On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 12:16:36 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2020-10-23 18:42, data pulverizer wrote:
You could always have the build tool split up the file in multiple smaller files and read one of the smaller files with the import expression.

Thanks. My current solution is to have a metadata file where all the type information is stored and then the data file separately.

I should have been clearer when I asked if there was something I was missing, like whether there is another way to do compile time read without reading the whole file. I think the feature I suggested is a useful one to bear in mind for future versions of D. It would save on preprocessing large files before reading them. I don't know how `import` for file reads works at the moment, and correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem to me that it would be a big deal to make the change.