On Saturday, 31 October 2020 at 22:42:20 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
[...]

So I've been meaning to ask this as I have been learning Rust off-and-on recently for web development, and was impressed by the traits functionality. In particular, with traits and some agreed upon API, many packages are interchangeable in terms of various functionalities, including JSON serialization/deserialization.

What would be the nearest analog facility in D -- supposing we could agree on a standard API -- to facilitate pluggable serializers?

I am a big fan of asdf (and Steve, haven't tried iopipejson yet, but will do). It would be nice to not rewrite code to try a different serializer, and Rust is really neat in this regard.

An interface defined in the standard library