On Friday, 25 December 2020 at 23:04:15 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

I am probably misunderstanding it but there is the .stringof property for all types: T.stringof.

But does stringof really print the declaration as string and not the type name itself?

I found: https://dlang.org/spec/property.html#stringof

I am probably stating the obvious but you normally import the interesting modules of that library anyway and the type information is available that way.

Ali

Well, certainly, yes. But only if `stringof` would do the job. The best thing would be to retrieve whole modules (abstract files) as string. On top of that we can retrieve any value/type declaration.