> I've found a few OpenGL projects, like bindings
> (http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/) and derelict
> (http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict/), but I still can't find any way to
> easily use or install them (for D2 on Ubuntu).

Use derelict2 from svn and xfBuild. Then you just need to tell dmd where
derelict is via -I

> I'd have thought that, since D
> interfaces so well with C, just using C libraries wouldn't require specific
> wrapper libraries, but it seems an automated method for converting C headers
> to D isn't currently possible?

Derelict does a lot more, it hides all the nasty handling of different OpenGL
versions that might be installed along with extension loading.

To my knowledge there are several tools to convert C headers to D import
modules:
- htod, which is crappy. Since it's based on dmc, it nearly always complains
about header files and the like; it doesn't translate preprocessor conditional
compilation to versions or static if and almost always messes something up
(const or whatever, can't remember)
- SWIG, which I haven't tried yet for that purpose. But I think it will have
the same problem with preprocessor conditional compilation.
- c2d, don't know how good it works:
http://dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/trunk/c2d
- bcd, which is obviously abandoned: http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd