On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 18:58:56 UTC, Marcone wrote:
I've always heard programmers complain about Garbage Collector GC. But I never understood why they complain. What's bad about GC?

Languages where the GC usage is unavoidable (Javascript and Java) have created a lot of situations where there is a GC pause in realtime program and the cause is this dynamically allocated memory. So a lot of people make their opinion of GC while using setup where you couldn't really avoid it.

For example in Javascript from 10 years ago just using a closure or an array literals could make your web game stutter.