On Saturday, 6 February 2021 at 13:30:03 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

Okay, its still seeing something is alive then.

That's why I used the scope guard. I know it shouldn't have any effect but I want to give the GC an extra hint ;)

I've compiled and ran it under ldc. Dmd in 32bit mode is certainly doing something that the GC doesn't appreciate. I can reproduce it with -m32mscoff as well. So yeah dmd specific all right.

The sad story never ends.

But seriously are there no runtime tests before releasing the next DMD? The GC is a main feature of D and such things give a bad impression.